What kind of diet is suitable for people with hypertension?
Having a reasonable diet is helpful to your hypertension. Usually, people with hypertension should reduce the intake of salt. And if you are overweight, you should be healthy eating.
Here are some methods to make healthy diet for people with hypertension:
- Choose foods that are sodium free or having very low sodium.
- Use foods that are fresh, plain frozen, or canned with “no salt added.”
- Use fresh poultry, fish and lean meat, rather than canned or processed types.
- Rinse canned foods to remove some sodium.
- Reduce drinking alcohol.
- Choose foods that are high in fiber.
Keywords: diet hypertension; food hypertension; hypertension diet