What Is the treatment for Pes Anserine Bursitis?
Pes anserinus bursitis is an inflammatory condition of the bursa located between the shinbone and three tendons of the hamstring muscle on the inner side of the knee.
- Repetitive stress. Overuse and repetitive movements of muscles would cause friction and pressure on the bursa;
- Muscle weakness or tightness;
- Training errors;
- Pain and tenderness on the inner side of the knee;
- Swelling and redness;
- Stiffness and weakness of muscles.
- Rest. Good rest will help the swelling to settle down;
- Ice. Ice pack would be used to reduce pain and swelling on the inner side of the knee;
- Medications. Anti-inflammatories and painkillers can help to reduce pain and inflammation;
- Stretches. Stretching exercises could help to take the pressure off the bursa;
- Physical Therapy;
If you are not sure about your treatments, please go see a doctor for professional help.
Key words: Pes anserinus bursitis; bursa; shinbone.