What is the surgery for hemorrhoids?
When home remedies do little effect to improve your symptoms of hemorrhoids, your doctor will consider surgery options.
The following are some common types of hemorrhoids surgery.
- Banding: an office procedure used to treat internal hemorrhoids. This procedure involves using a tight band around the base of the hemorrhoid to cut off its blood supply
- Sclerotherapy: involves injecting a chemical into the hemorrhoid. The chemical causes the hemorrhoid to shrink and stops it from bleeding.
- Coagulation therapy: uses infrared light, heat, or extreme cold to make the hemorrhoid retract and shrink.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: surgery to remove hemorrhoids
- Hemorrhoidopexy: used to treat prolapsed hemorrhoids
In general, hemorrhoid surgery is safe and effective most of the time.
But you’ll still need to eat a high-fiber diet, avoid constipation, and take care of your bottom to help prevent new hemorrhoid flare-ups. So talk to your doctor to figure out what’s right for you.
Keywords: hemorrhoid surgery, hemorrhoids surgery