People with high blood pressure may find it useful to follow the DASH diet. DASH stands for dietary approaches for people who have hypertension. It means that you eat a certain number of servings daily from various food groups. Study found that people who adopted DASH diet lowered their blood pressure within two weeks.
DASH diet requires you to
- Eat more fruits, vegetables.
- Eat low-fat dairy foods.
- Eat more whole-grain foods.
- Eat more fish, poultry, and nuts.
- Limit foods that are high in saturated fat.
- Limit foods high in cholesterol, and trans fats.
- Limit sodium, sweets.
- Limit sugary drinks and red meats.
There are some DASH diet tips for you.
- Add a serving of vegetables at lunch and at dinner.
- Add a serving of fresh fruit to your meals.
- Add low-fat or fat-free condiments to your meals.
- Limit meat to 6 ounces a day.
- Add more dry beans to your diet.
- Add unsalted pretzels or nuts, raisins to your diet.
- Choose low-fat and fat-free yogurt, frozen yogurt as a snack.
Keywords: diet high blood pressure; high blood pressure diet; high blood pressure+ diet