What is the causes and symptoms of tonsillitis?
Bacterial and viral infections can cause tonsillitis. A common cause is Streptococcus (strep) bacteria. Other common causes include:
- Influenza virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Parainfluenza viruses
- Herpes simplex virus
The main symptoms of tonsillitis are inflammation and swelling of the tonsils, sometimes severe enough to block the airways. Other symptoms include:
- Throat pain or tenderness
- Redness of the tonsils
- A white or yellow coating on the tonsils
- Painful blisters or ulcers on the throat
- Loss of appetite
- Ear pain
- Difficulty swallowing or breathing through the mouth
- Swollen glands in the neck or jaw area
- Fever, chills
- Bad breath
In children, symptoms may also include:
- Abdominal pain
Please maintain good dental hygiene, and promptly treat oral infections.
Keywords: causes symptoms tonsillitis; cause symptom tonsillitis; tonsillitis causes symptoms; symptoms causes tonsillitis; symptom cause tonsillitis; tonsillitis symptoms causes.