What is spondylosis of the spine in the neck?
Cervical spondylosis is a common disease related to aged-people. It refers to the degenerative changes in the spine. What are the symptoms and how to treat is may be the most concerned questions about it.
The common symptoms of cervical spondylosis may include:
- Pains in the back or the neck or both
- Headache caused by nerve compression
- Tingling and numbness in the limbs
- Grinding sensation when turning the neck
- Difficulty in walking
Those symptoms occur due to degenerated disks in the neck and narrowed spinal column.
The degeneration of the bones cannot be reversed by medications. But treatment can be taken to relieve the pains, including
- Physical therapy to relax your muscles and bones
- Pain relievers
- Medications including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, corticosteroid, muscle relaxants, anti-
- seizure medications or antidepressants
- Surgery for enlarging room in your spinal column
- Home remedies including heating pad, sleeping on hard masses or herbal treatment
- Exercising regularly and rationally
Young people may suffer from cervical spondylosis as well. They use their necks too much looking at cellphones and laptops.
See your doctor if you feel uncomfortable in your necks. The doctors will take the following step
- Physical exams including flexibility of your neck and weakness and dumbness of your muscles
- Image testing, including X-rays, MRI, or CT scans to check the internal condition of your neck.
Discuss with your doctors about the treatment before you take action.
Key words: cervical spondylosis; symptoms and treatment.