What is a bowel obstruction?
Have you ever had the feeling that your bowel isn’t able to movement with stomach pain and a swollen belly?
Be careful! It could be signs of bowel obstruction!
Bowel obstruction (bowel blockage) is a blockage that keeps food or liquid from passing through your bowel.
The causes of a bowel obstruction can be classified into the following ones:
- Part of your bowel may become twisted
- Your bowel may become inflamed and swell up.
- Scar tissue or a hernia
- A tumor or other type of growth inside your bowel
- Damaged blood vessels leading to the bowel
- The bowel’s muscle walls become unable to move
- Prior surgeries
Signs and symptoms of an intestinal blockage vary from people to people. Here are the possible ones:
- you may have crampy abdominal pain that comes and goes
- you may lose appetite and don’t get hungry
- you are constipated
- you are likely to vomit
- you can’t have a bowel movement or pass gas
- your belly is swollen
If any of these symptoms appear, contact your doctor right away. For many elder people, a bowel obstruction can be life-threatening.
Keywords: bowel blockage, blocked bowel symptoms, bowel blockage symptoms, signs blocked bowel, signs bowel blockage, symptoms blocked bowel, symptoms blocked bowels, symptoms bowel blockage, bowel obstruction, bowel obstruction causes, causes bowel obstruction, bowel obstruction symptoms, signs bowel obstruction, symptoms bowel obstruction