What does keratoconjunctivitis sicca mean?
This condition refers to dry eye disease, or dry eye syndrome.When the tears in your eyes are not enough, you may have dry eye disease.
Symptoms of dry eye disease include:
- Feeling burning in the eyes
- Redness in the eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Feeling that there is something in your eyes.
If the symptoms are mild, and do not occur frequently, artificial tears can be effective. However, if the condition is severe, your should receive other treatments:
- Medications that reduce inflammations
- Medications that increase the production of tears
- Clearing blocked oil glands
- Eyelid massage
Key word: keratoconjunctivitis sicca