What do I need to know after getting blepharitis eye?
Firstly, you must keep in mind that blepharitis is a common condition prone to recur. It presents inflammation of the eyelids.
Causes of such a condition usually are usually associated with bacteria, scalp dandruff and acne rosacea.
After that you need to know some treatments for blepharitis, including:
- keeping the lids clean and free of crusts
- warm compresses should be applied to the lid to loosen the crusts
- a light scrubbing of the eyelid with a cotton swab and a mixture of water and baby shampoo
- maintaining an eyelid hygiene routine for life, because blepharitis rarely goes away completely
- an eye care professional may also prescribe antibiotics or steroid eyedrops, if the blepharitis is severe
- a dandruff shampoo for the hair is recommended when scalp dandruff is present
In addition, patients with posterior blepharitis will need to massage their eyelids to clean the oil accumulated in the glands.
Patients who also have acne rosacea should have that condition treated at the same time.
Keywords: after blepharitis eye