What are the symptoms of emphysema and chronic bronchitis?
Emphysema and chronic bronchitis are the two most common conditions that contribute to COPD.
Symptoms of emphysema and chronic bronchitis may include:
- Shortness of breath, especially during physical activities
- Chest tightness
- Having to clear your throat every morning after waking up, due to excess mucus in your lungs
- A chronic cough that may produce mucus that may be clear, white, yellow or greenish
- Blueness of the lips or fingernail beds
- Frequent respiratory infections
- Lack of energy
- Unintended weight loss in later stages
- Swelling in ankles, feet, or legs
Keywords: symptoms emphysema chronic bronchitis