What are the symptoms of childhood asthma?
Childhood asthma symptoms
Common signs and symptoms of childhood asthmas may include:
- Frequent, intermittent coughing
- A whistling or wheezing sound when exhaling
- Shortness of breath
- Chest congestion or tightness
- Chest pain, particularly in younger children
- Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing
- Bouts of coughing or wheezing that get worse with a respiratory infection, such as a cold or the flu
- Delayed recovery or bronchitis after a respiratory infection
- Trouble breathing that may limit play or exercise
- Fatigue, which can be caused by poor sleep
Keywords: childhood asthma symptom; childhood asthma symptoms; symptoms childhood asthma.