What are the symptoms and treatments for knee bursitis?
Knee bursitis is the inflammation of the bursa near your knee joint. Depending on which bursa is affected and what causes the inflammation, symptoms of knee bursitis may vary.
However, the common symptoms include:
- Warmth, swelling and tenderness of your knee
- Increased pain when kneeling
- Stiffness and pain with walking
Knee bursitis can improve over time, but you can also try some treatment approaches to shorten the recovering time:
- Aspiration: Insert a needle into the affected bursa and draw fluid into the syringe, thus reducing excess fluid and treating inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injection: Inject a corticosteroid drug into an affected bursa to reduce inflammation.
- Surgery: You may be recommended to have a surgery to remove the bursa if you have severe chronic or recurrent bursitis.
- Prescribed course of antibiotic treatment
Please seek more information from relevant experts if needed.
Keywords: bursitis knee symptoms; knee bursitis symptoms; bursitis knee treatments; knee bursitis treatment; treating knee bursitis; treatment knee bursitis; knee bursitis; bursitis knee