What is overactive bladder?
Overactive bladder means that you have a sudden and urgent need to urinate many times a day. And you may also suffer with urge incontinence, that is to say, your bladder may leak involuntary. Overactive bladder may bring you lots of embarrassment and inconvenience.
What are the herbal treatments for overactive bladder?
- Hachimi-jio-gan (HE) is a blend of 8 Chinese herbs that can improve the contraction of bladder muscle.
- Gosha-jinki-gan (GJG) is a blend of 10 traditional Chinese herbs that can reduce the frequency of urination and ease your symptoms.
- Ganoderma lucidum is a kind of Chinese medicines that can lower the urge to urinate.
- Buchu (Barosma betulina) is a kind of medicines from South Africa, which can help fight infections in the kidney and bladder.
- Corn silk can help restore mucous membranes in the urinary tract and prevent urine incontinence.
- Capsaicin can be found in Chili peppers, and it can increase the capacity of your bladder and reduce leaks.
What are the natural home remedies for overactive bladder?
- Pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help fight inflammations in your bladder and relieve your symptoms. You can peel the seeds and eat during the day.
Cumin is rich in minerals and vitamins, which can strengthen bladder muscles. You can chew 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds every day.
- Pelvic floor muscle exercises
You can lay on you back and stretch yourself on a mat or the floor. Then contract the muscles of your pelvic area and hold for a few seconds.
- Keep a healthy diet.
You should avoid foods and drinks that may irritate your bladder. For example, you should drink less coffee, alcohol, energy drinks, and acidic fruit juices, and avoid artificial sweeteners, salty and spicy foods, and processed meats.
- Control fluid intake.
Doctors may recommend people with overactive bladder to drink 2 to 2.5 liters of fluid a day. And you need to limit your fluid intake after 18:00 o’clock.
Keywords: home remedies overactive bladder; remedies overactive bladder; overactive bladder natural treatment; natural cures overactive bladder