Recommendations for treating abdominal pain or discomfort during pregnancy:
- Change your position or activity until you are comfortable; avoid sharp turns or movements.
- If you have a sudden pain in your abdomen, bend forward to the point of pain to relieve tension and relax the tissue.
- Apply a hot water bottle or heating pad to your back, or take a warm bath or shower.
- Try a massage.
- Make sure you are getting enough fluids.
- Take Tylenol (acetaminophen) occasionally.
- Contact your health care provider if the pain is severe or constant or if you are less than 36 weeks pregnant and you have signs of labor. (Signs of labor include repetitive cramping like contractions.)