Are there some key facts about endometrial cancer?
- An estimated 61,380 new cases of uterine cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S, with more than 10,920 deaths expected to result from the diagnosis
- The incidence of uterine cancer is rising, mainly due to a rise in obesity, which is a key risk factor for this disease
- Affecting mainly post-menopausal women, the average age of women diagnosed with uterine cancer is 60 years old
- The overall five-year survival rate for uterine cancer is 82%
- There are more than 600,000 uterine cancer survivors in the U.S.
Keywords: endometrial cancer facts