What are the causes of liver cirrhosis?
Liver cirrhosis forms when the liver tries to repair itself after it is harmed. In this process, the energetic liver cells are gradually replaced with hard and scarred tissues.
In this case, the causes of liver cirrhosis lie in the damages made to the liver and the common ones are as follows:
- Liver related viruses
- Genetic deficiencies
- Prolonged obstruction of bile flow
- Long-term exposure to drugs
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Hepatitis B or C infection
- Excessive accumulation of iron in the liver
- Liver damages caused by your immune system
If you have the above mentioned habits or history of liver diseases, you should pay attention to the threats of liver cirrhosis. Please visit your doctor if you have any doubts.
Keywords: cause liver cirrhosis; causes cirrhosis liver; causes liver cirrhosis; cirrhosis liver causes.