What are the causes for dry eye syndrome?
Dry eye syndrome (DES), also known as keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), is the condition of having dry eyes.Its symptoms include redness,irritation,discharge, and easily fatigued eyes. And it may also cause blurred vision.
Here are some potential causes for dry eye syndrome:
- Wearing contacts for a long time
- Eyelid problems:inflammation
- Aging:especially for women
- Living in dry air circumstance
- Overuse of drugs such as acne medicine,parkinson medicines,sleeping pills,blood pressure medicines,antidepressants,antihistamines,birth control pills.
- Tear gland damage caused by radiation,inflammation or other eye diseases.
Keywords:causes dry eye syndrome;dry eye syndrome causes;causes extreme dry eyes