How are eye allergies diagnosed?
- Ask about the patient’s symptoms and medical history
- Give a skin prick test
What are treatment options for eye allergies?
Common cures include:
- Eyedrops. A patient can wash off allergens with an eyedrop.
- Medications. Drugs such as Sudafed, Deltasone, Claritin can help relieve symptoms.
- Shots of allergy. A doctor gives the patient shots of allergens to change the way the immune system reacts to the allergens.
- Home remedy. The patient could try putting a cold, wet washcloth on the eyes a few times daily.
Keywords: eyes allergies; itchy eye allergy; watery eyes allergies; allergy eye relief