Q: What are stye eye ointments?
A: Stye eye oinments are antibacterial medication for the treatment of styes, the red bumps forming on the edge of the eyelid. Stye is a common eye disease, so stye eye treatment methods vary. However, they have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Common Stye Eye Ointments:
- The ointment effectively kills certain bacteria.
- But it’s easy for the bacteria to develop resistance to the ointment. Besides, it’s not suitable for pregnant women.
- It performs well in dealing with inflammation. What’s more, it’s friendly for pregnant women.
- However, this ointment has many side effects.
- It’s good at treating inflammation and destroying bacteria.
- It’s outdated.
Keywords: stye eye ointments; stye; stye treatment