What are screening tests for colorectal cancer?
Several tests are available for colorectal cancer screening:
1. Stool-based tests:
- Highly sensitive fecal immunochemical test (FIT) every year
- Highly sensitive guaiac-based fecal occult blood test (gFOBT) every year
- Multi-targeted stool DNA test (MT-sDNA) every 3 years
2. Visual (structural) exams of the colon and rectum:
- Colonoscopy every 10 years
- CT colonography (virtual colonoscopy) every 5 years
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy (FSIG) every 5 years
To learn more you should go to a medical professional.
Keyword: colorectal screening