What are best hernia treatments?
Whether or not you need treatment depends on the size of your hernia and the severity of your symptoms. Treatment options for a hernia include lifestyle changes, medication, or surgery.
1. Lifestyle changes
- Avoid large or heavy meals, don’t lie down or bend over after a meal, and keep your body weight in a healthy range.
- You can also improve symptoms by avoiding foods that cause acid reflux or heartburn, such as spicy foods and tomato-based foods.
- Additionally, you can avoid acid reflux by losing weight and giving up cigarettes.
- Over-the-counter and prescription medications can relieve your discomfort and improve symptoms include antacids, try H-2 receptor blockers, and proton pump inhibitors.
- If your hernia is growing larger or causing pain, your doctor may decide it’s best to operate.
Your doctor may monitor your hernia for possible complications and decide which treatment is best for you.
Keyword: best hernia treatment