Everybody washes hands, but a lot of people aren’t doing correctly. Washing hands like a surgeon helps you stay away from flu.
First of all, use clean running water and soap. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Most of products of Purell contains 70% alcohol.
How to wash the hands? Steps are as follows.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.