Rapid heart rate refers to the situation that an adult’s heart rate exceeds the normal resting rate. Usually, when the resting heart rate is over 100 beats per minute, it is regarded as rapid heart rate. Rapid heart rate may lead to chest tightness, nervousness, nausea and dizziness.
Diet and life style changes can help to relieve symptoms of rapid heart rate.
Try to lose weight.
Overweight is a common cause of rapid heart rate. If you are overweight, losing as little as 10 pounds will help you to lower your blood pressure and adjust your heart rate. You can eat a healthy diet to lose weight.
- Eat fruits and vegetables in as many colors as possible.
- Reduce alcohol intake.
- Control caffeine intake.
Do mild exercises.
Aerobic activities will help you to keep healthy and maintain a healthy heart rate.
- Riding bicycles
Eat a healthy diet.
People with rapid heart rate should eat a regular diet and avoid overeating.
- Choose foods that are fresh, plain frozen, or canned with “no salt added”.
- Choose fresh poultry, fish and lean meat, rather than canned or processed types.
- Avoid greasy or spicy foods.
- Avoid fried or pickled foods.
- Eat foods high in vitamins and fiber.
Keywords: suggestions for rapid heart rate