Spider bite refers to an injury resulting from the bite of a spider. Usually, spider bites are harmless. Remedies for spider bites can be divided into medical remedies and home remedies. It should be noticed that what remedy you choose depends on your real situation.
Home remedies for spider bites
- Gently clean the wound with soap and water.
- Apply ice to reduce pain and swelling.
- Gently wipe the bite area with alcohol or a cool damp cloth with water.
- Elevate the area to reduce swelling.
- Apply table salt to the bite area.
- Apply activated charcoal diluted with water to the bite area.
- Apply the grated or shredded starchy potato on the bite wound.
Medical remedies for spider bites
- Pain relievers such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB), antihistamine (Benadryl, Chlor-Trimeton) and acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Antibiotic cream
- Calamine lotion
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Epinephrine (for allergy)
- Oral steroids
Keywords: best home remedy spider bites; home treatment spider bites; treatment spider bites home; home remedies spider bites; home remedy spider bite; remedies spider bites home; spider bite home remedies; spider bite treatment home remedy；spider bite remedies