What a long long name!
Anyway, the key points you can get from the product name:
- It’s a new product.
- It’s from Clinique.
- It sounds like new skin science since you can see MD and Transformer in the name.
- It contains duol cream.
I have to say, the jar looks just lovely. It doesn’t mean the cream is as well lovely but a pretty container could be a nice start.
The white cream is supposed to work to tighten your face, while the purple cream is supposed to work to plump your skin density.
Typically, everyone needs enhanced density of collagen on the cheek and forehead, and everyone needs a V-line on the jaw.
Key Ingredients of the Resculpt:
- Soybean Seed Extract: Rich in Lysophosphaditic Acid (LPA), this naturally derived extract helps skin achieve a tightening and lifting effect.
- Sweet Almond Seed Extract: Works at the skin’s surface to form a film that allows an immediate blurring effect of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Whey Protein: Rich in amino acids, it helps increase skin’s natural collagen, leaving it looking and feeling firmer and more resilient.
Lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) is an endogenous glycerophospholipid signaling molecule and ligand activator for EDG-2 and EDG-4 (LPA) receptors. Signaling associated with LPA has been reported to stimulate growth of fibroblasts, vascular smooth muscle cells, endothelial cells, and keratinocytes. LPA has been indicated as both a proliferative and anti-apoptotic factor, signaling for Pl3K-mediated regulation of cell activity. LPA has also been described to potentiate acetylchloine receptor currents by G-protein-mediated activation of Ca2+-dependent/independent protein kinase C.
(End of quote)
What matters — LPA stimulates the growth of fibroblasts, and fibroblasts is the origin of healthy new skin cells. This means repairing and regeneration.
But, it takes time for the LPA to do a nice work renewing the skin cells. We all need instant tightened lines. Then what?
The sweet almond seed extract they’re using can form a film on your skin, the film becomes tightened when exposed in the air, then your skin is tightened as well. Have said so, when you wash your face, the effect will be gone. But that may not matter. We just need an 8-hour tightness. Can it maintain the effect for 8 hours? Let me tell you — NO! Your face definately looks more tightened in the morning then in the afternoon, if you apply it at 8 am.
The active ingredients sound so naturally, don’t they? But that’s misleading. What you can expect are those peptides in the long ingredient lise:
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,
- Acetyl Octapeptide-3
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1
Although a peptide story is no longer chic, I can’t see anything other than Vitamin A as effective in anti-aging products. You know, Vitamin A is somehow not 100 percent safe, but peptides are safer.
A combination of peptides usually work much better than a single type does.
Ingredients in the REVOLUMIZE:
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hydration is the key to healthy, youthful skin. This effective humectant has skin-plumping effects—it can attract up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
- Soybean Protein: This plant-derived ingredient helps provide a support system to plump up skin, filling in lines.
- Yeast Extract: Helps skin hold onto moisture, providing a smoothing effect that minimizes roughness and plumps up wrinkles.
They’re just common moisturizing ingredients, no surprise but they’re ok.
So this jar will cost you $69, will you feel it worth the money?