Ramucirumab is used to treat stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, or non-small cell lung cancer that has spread to other parts of the body. Ramucirumab may be given alone or in combination with other cancer medicines.
is usually given after other treatments have failed.
Ramucirumab can increase your risk of serious bleeding. Stop using ramucirumab and call your doctor at once if you have severe stomach pain, bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood, or any heavy or unusual bleeding.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Some side effects may occur during the injection. Tell your caregiver right away if you feel light-headed, chilled, sweaty, or have chest pain, chest tightness, back pain, trouble breathing, or numbness and tingling.
can increase your risk of serious bleeding.
your doctor at once if you have:
- signs of stomach bleeding–severe stomach pain, bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- any wound that will not heal;
- headache, confusion, change in mental status, vision loss, seizure (convulsions);
- severe or ongoing nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea;
- rapid weight gain, especially in your face and midsection;
- low white blood cell counts–fever, mouth sores, skin sores, sore throat, cough, trouble breathing;
- kidney problems–puffy eyes, swelling in your ankles or feet, weight gain, urine that looks foamy;
- symptoms of a blood clot–sudden numbness or weakness (especially on one side of the body), sudden severe headache, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance; or
- heart attack symptoms–chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating.
side effects may include:
- sores or white patches in or around your mouth, red or swollen gums, trouble swallowing or talking, dry mouth, bad breath, altered sense of taste;
- feeling weak or tired;
- diarrhea, loss of appetite;
- low white blood cell counts; or
- high blood pressure.