Is it possible to prevent retrolisthesis?
Retrolisthesis is not always preventable. For example, a person may experience an injury that causes the back to slip out of alignment. For others, retrolisthesis may be caused by genetic factors.
For most people, following some of these basic tips can help prevent retrolisthesis:
- eating a balanced diet
- stopping smoking, as it can lead to joint damage
- avoiding straining the back with excessive weight
- maintaining good posture while sitting and standing
- strengthening the lower core muscles through regular exercise
- participating in yoga, pilates, or other core strengthening classes and routines
Please consult your doctor for more information.
Keyword: prevent retrolisthesis.