Q: How to understand hearing test results?
A: People have hearing loss as they get old. So, hearing tests are ordered every few years to make sure the ears work well. Then, what do the results mean?
Results and Meanings:
- Normal range: 0 to 25 decibels
- Mild hearing loss: 26 to 40 decibels
- Moderate hearing loss: 41 to 55 decibels
- Moderate-to-severe hearing loss: 56 to 70 decibels
- Severe hearing loss: 71 to 90 decibels
- Profound hearing loss: 91 to 100 decibels
Keyword: hearing test; hearing test results; hearing test result interpretation