How to treat children with heat rash?
Although heat rash may go away on its own within a few days, in some special cases, special care and attention need to be paid on children, which include:
- Remove children from triggering environment: Move them into cool and ventilated places with air-conditioners and fans.
- Dress your children with loose, light, and soft fabrics such as cotton: These kinds of clothes can help absorb moisture.
- Keep your children hydrated: Drink them with plenty of water to help stay cool, especially after long-time outdoor exercises.
- Use calamine lotion: It is advisable when children are bothered by the itching even after cooling down.
- Avoid using occlusive ointments or oil-based products on children’s skin: These kinds of creams or products may block the sweat ducts.
Keywords: heat rash children; heat rash kids; heat rash infants; heat rash toddlers; heat rash toddler