How to sterilize brushes from lice?
Louse is a type of parasite. It can affect the head and the body as well. Heads lice are the most common type. They will bring intense itching in the scalp. The ways to prevent lice include:
- Use nit comb to remove the lice eggs.
- Kill the lice by using the over-the-counter medications: piperonyl butoxide with pyrethrins, permethrin lotion (1%) and dimethicone. FOLLOW the instruction of those products and do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Prescription medications for ice include benzyl alcohol (Ulesfia), ivermectin (Sklice), malathion (Ovide) and spinosad (Natroba).
Besides the medications taken, home remedies are also vital in sterilizing the lice:
- Use hot water to soak and wash all clothes and utensils of the big family.
- Empty the house for at least two days if possible.
- Clean hairs from every corner of the house.
- Avoid sharing hats, beds, towels and clothes with affected people.
Talk to your doctor if you do not know how to tackle with it.
Key words: lice; treatments.