How to remove a pheochromocytoma?
Pheochromocytoma is a tumor that develops in the adrenal gland. If not treated (removed), it can be life-threatening. So, how to remove it?
In general, the best way is surgery. If the surgery achieves complete removal, the pheochromocytoma will not only be cured, but its complications will resolve.
During the surgery, the doctors often choose one of the following approaches:
- Open anterior transabdominal approach: the standard approach.
- Open thoracoabdominal approach.
- Open posterior or lateral retroperitoneal approach.
- Lateral transabdominal laparoscopic approach.
- Posterior retroperitoneal laparoscopic approach.
Keywords: remove pheochromocytoma; pheochromocytoma removal; pheochromocytoma surgery.