How to prevent HIV/AIDS?
- If you are not sure whether your partner is HIV negative, use condoms correctly before you have sex in any way.
- Use only water-based lubricants with condoms. Oil-based lubricants can weaken latex and may make it break.
- If your partner is HIV positive, talk to your healthcare provider about pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), which involves taking medication to prevent you from HIV if you’re at high risk. You still need to use condoms even though you take PrEP.
- Avoid being exposed to anything (such as needles or knives) that might be polluted with infected blood.
- Don’t share needles or injection facilities with others.
Keyword: aids hiv prevention; aids prevention