Your doctor’s first step to diagnose your heart disease will likely be performing a physical exam and asking about your personal and family medical history before doing any tests. There are tests like
- Blood tests.
- Chest X-ray.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG).
- Holter monitoring.
- Stress test.
- Cardiac catheterization.
- Cardiac computerized tomography (CT) scan.
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
There are common treatments for heart disease like:
- Lifestyle changes which include eating a low-fat and low-sodium diet, getting at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise on most days of the week, quitting smoking, and limiting alcohol intake.
- Medications. The type of medication will depend on the type of heart disease.
- Medical procedures or surgery. The type of procedure will depend on the type of heart disease and the extent of the damage to your heart.