How to diagnose and treat Chiari malformation?
Your doctor may do following things to diagnose your condition:
- Review your medical history and prescribe physical exam.
- CT scan. Both CT and MRI can figure out the cause of your condition.
Following treatments can work:
- Pain medication. It is used when headaches are the primary symptom.
- Posterior fossa decompression. It is a surgery that can relieve pressure by giving the brain more room.
- Removal of a small part of the spinal column.
- Sew a patch in place to give more room to the brain.
If you want to treat Chiari malformation, you had better consult your doctor. Your doctor will find the most suitable treatment for you based on the severity of your condition.