How to cure tonsillitis with natural treatments?
Tonsillitis, the condition wherein tonsils swell, is usually caused by viral and bacterial infections. These 10 natural remedies may be effective for quick relief from tonsillitis.
- Saltwater – Just add a tablespoon of salt to a glass of warm water and stir well. Use it for gargling after (but don’t swallow the water). Do this as often as needed. Salt helps lessen the inflammation and helps kill the virus or bacteria to provide instant relief. On the other hand, the warm water will provide a soothing effect on your throat. Furthermore, it can keep the mouth clean and prevent the growth of infection on the surface of the tonsils.
- Turmeric – Turmeric has been known as an antiseptic since the ancient times. In addition, it contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties. For tonsillitis, turmeric can be used by adding a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a pinch of black pepper to warm milk. Then, drink it at night before sleeping. This will help accelerate the healing process and get rid of the irritating symptoms of tonsillitis.
- Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar contains many medicinal properties, and one of this is that it helps reduce swelling and pain due to tonsillitis. Apple cider vinegar can be used as a tonsillitis treatment by adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water. After that, use the solution for gargling for fast relief.
- Basil – Basil contains antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it a great remedy for tonsillitis. To use this, boil 12 to 15 basil leaves in two cups of water for 10 minutes. Then, strain it and lime juice to it. If you want to sweeten the drink, add a dash of honey. Drink the juice for three times a day.
- Chamomile tea – Brew a cup of chamomile tea, then drink it. Chamomile tea will help lessen the pain due to tonsillitis. In addition, it will help soothe the throat.
- Lemon – Lemon is known for its many medicinal properties and has been used as a natural remedy for tonsillitis for many years. It contains antiviral, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, it will help reduce the infection and inflammation brought by tonsillitis. In addition, it will help quicken the healing process. The most common way to use lemon is to mix its juice together with lime juice, a pinch of salt, and honey in a glass of lukewarm water. Drink this solution for at least twice a day.
- Hot soup – A hot soup does not directly heal tonsillitis, but it can help you swallow food easily. Moreover, because it is full of all the important nutrients, it can help strengthen the immune system. Furthermore, it can help in clearing congestion.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon contains strong antimicrobial properties that can help prevent the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms on the surface of the tonsils, reducing swelling and pain as well as accelerating the healing process. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a glass of hot water, then drink it. Do this for twice or thrice per day.
- Beetroot – If your tonsillitis is a result of constipation, beetroot is a great solution because it is high in fiber. Moreover, it improves digestion and fights toxic agents that cause tonsillitis.
- Drink more fluids – It is important to stay hydrated when suffering from tonsillitis because it will help prevent the throat from turning dry and itchy. Consume more healthy drinks and water, and avoid foods and liquids that can irritate the throat.
Keywords: natural cures tonsillitis; cure tonsillitis naturally; natural remedy tonsillitis.