Here you’ll find 9 natural tips to control blood sugar, improve blood pressure and help protect you from circulation and artery diseases.
1. 30+ minutes exercise per day. Physical activity helps improve body sensitivity to insulin so as to control blood sugar level. Exercise also helps manage healthy weight. Both aerobic exercise and weight training will help, but a combination will be even better.
2. Low glycemic diet. High glycemic carbs that move sugar rapidly into the blood are the main culprits for both hypoglycemia and diabetes. That’s why a healthy low glycemic diet is recommended.
3. Rich high fiber foods. Fiber helps keep blood sugar levels steady and decreases heart disease risk. Get at least 30 to 40 grams of high fiber daily from the healthy list of high fiber foods.
4. 100% whole grains. Studies show whole grains reduce diabetes risk and help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
5. Healthy carbohydrate foods. Replace all refined carbohydrates with healthy carbohydrates, reduce intake of caffeine and alcohol every day, both of refined carbohydrate and caffeine/alcohol interfere body’s ability to normalize blood sugar level.
6. Good fats over bad fats. Some fats are good for heart health, some are the opposite. Avoid saturated and trans food fat and add omega-3 enriched food in your daily menu.
7. Small meals 4 to 6 times a day. Eating small mini-meals frequently on a regular schedule helps to stabilize your blood sugar levels.
8. Take protein. Protein stabilizes blood sugar, so include a small amount of high protein with each meal.
9. Weight management. Studies show that people who manage weight close to ideal level has 58% less risk in diabetes. So manage your weight to stay healthy.