How to choose dementia care facilities?
Here are some steps when choosing dementia care facilities:
- Plan on visiting several care facilities.
- When you visit a care facility, ask to see the latest survey/inspection report.
- Visit the facilities at different times of the day.
- Ask the care facility about room availability, cost and participation.
- Place your name on a waiting list even if you are not ready to make a decision.
- Ask what happens if the person with dementia runs out of money.
- If you anticipate the need for Medicaid, plan to visit with a lawyer that specializes in elder care to ensure a good financial plan is in place.
To learn more you should go to a medical professional.
Keyword: dementia care facilities; dementia care facility; dementia facilities