How to calculate BMI?
Body mass index, or BMI, is used to indicate the level of your health. How to calculate it? What do the results mean?
BMI is calculated by your weight and height. The calculation formulation is:
BMI = weight (kg) ÷ height2 (m2)
The results are classified into five categories
- Less than 15: You are severely underweight.
- Between 15.1 and 18.4: You are underweight.
- Between 18.5 and 24.9: Congratulations! You have a normal weight.
- Between 25.0 and 29.9: You are a little bit overweight.
- Above 30.0: You are possible to be obese. Pay attention to your weight.
There are more detailed segmentations in the above mentioned categories. Consult your doctors before you take action as per the results.
Key words: body mass index; bmi; calculation.