How CBT helps people with PTSD?
CBT means Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, it is one of the psychotherapies for people with PTSD. The goals of PTSD CBT include:
- Change the way of people with PTSD in evaluating their environments, feelings and thoughts.
- Teach people with PTSD to face stressful problems or situations in a much more healthier way.
- Reduce PTSD symptoms and problematic behaviors.
- Improve patients’ quality of life.
CBT techniques are as follows:
- Self-monitoring: Allow patients to write down their feelings and thoughts in response to certain stressful situations.
- Behavioral experiments: Take part in behavioral experiments or situations once you feared, try to look at the world in a new way.
- Cognitive restructuring: Help patients to gather new evidence against their former negative evaluations towards certain stressful situations or things.
Keywowrd: cbt ptsd