A victim of PMS (premenstrual syndrome) may suffer from one or more of the symptoms such as irritability, breast tenderness, regular weight gain, cyclic spasms, cravings, anxiety and moodiness. If you are a PMS victim, you must have known how badly it affects your life and work. Natural PMS treatment with herbs, minerals or vitamins help to get rid of the pain. Here we go.
1. Chasteberry. Chasteberry affects hormones that regulate women’s reproductive cycles. Therefore, it is considered one of the best natural home remedies for PMS. You can use chasteberry in the form of liquid extract, powdered extract, tinctures or capsules. Remember, do not take chasteberry for more than 6 months as the overdose can cause dizziness, headache, nausea, rash, upset stomach, and itching.
2. Wild Yam. Wild yam consists of a chemical that can be used to produce female estrogen, helping women to get rid of menstrual problems. They can apply Wild Yam creams to their skin to relieve menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes. It can also be used to increase energy.
3. Lemon balm. Lemon balm is made of chemicals that have a calming effect. It can help you ease anxiety, insomnia, cramping and depression caused by premenstrual syndrome. This plant is also used for digestive problems such as flatulence, vomiting, toothache and headaches.
4. Change your diet. You should eat smaller meals to reduce flatulence and the feeling of fullness. Salty foods should be limited to reduce fluid retention and flatulence. Instead, eat more fruits and vegetables and consume food that is high in calcium.
5. Workout. To relieve symptoms of PMS, you should do some exercises every day, such as brisk walking, swimming or cycling. Regular workouts can help relieve PMS symptoms such as depressed mood and fatigue. Therefore, no matter how busy you are, you should spend at least half an hour a day making some workouts stronger and healthier.