Gastroenteritis is a condition caused by diarrhea. It has some functional symptoms such as vomiting, abdominal pain. In almost of situations, gastroenteritis will disappear in a few days, but some of them will take more time. The primary risk of this disorder is dehydration. Here are 5 natural home remedies for gastroenteritis you should recognize.
1. Supply enough liquid. Getting enough fluid supply is very important and it is one of the most effective home remedies for gastroenteritis. Liquids will be crucial because diarrhea makes your lack of fluids in the child’s body. It is so harmful if the body does not have enough water in it.
2. Avoid a few drinks. Water is healthy and good for children who have gastroenteritis. However, they should avoid drinking soda, sugary drinks, tea, coffee because these drinks cause sleep disturbances. In addition, they can make the problem even more serious.
3. Eat bananas. Bananas are natural home remedies for gastroenteritis in children. This fruit has many benefits of reducing swelling, improving mood, supporting congestion, healing constipation etc. If your child has gastroenteritis, you should feed him bananas every day.
4. Consume rice. It is necessary to eat fiber-rich foods to accelerate the cure of gastroenteritis. Rice is vital for our lives, it contains lots of fiber, vitamins, antioxidants for your health. Parents can cook rice or cook rice soup with meat broth.
5. Eat yogurt. Yogurt contains probiotics, which is good for digestion and it is valuable to cure diarrhea. In addition, yogurt has lactose, which is safe and effective for stomach sick. You should have your kids take some yogurt during the day to reduce discomfort from the stomach problem.