Frostbite is an injury caused by freezing of the skin and underlying tissues. Frostbite can also be triggered by the excess consumption of alcohol, the use of wet clothing or even some conditions, such as fatigue, diabetes. It usually occurs in the chin, cheeks, ears, nose, toes and fingers. In severe cases, it can even cause amputation of the affected areas. The patients of frostbite need get careful medical intervention to lessen the likelihood of further damage and to minimize the possible harm. Here you will learn some home remedies for frostbite.
1. Hamamelis. Hamamelis is one of the most effective home remedies that will help people deal with frostbite. In order to use this herb, people just need to pour a little witch hazel over the affected skin areas. It would help to improve the frozen skin areas and may also help prevent further infections.
2. ginger tea. Being very effective in the treatment of frostbite, ginger is a type of herb that we cannot forget when mentioning the list of home remedies for this condition. It help to increase the circulation of the blood. Just drinking about 200 ml of ginger tea on a daily basis.
3. Cayenne pepper. Cayenne pepper is another important home treatment for frostbite. This herb is found to be beneficial for increasing the circulation of the blood as well as the pain associated with the infection relieve. Taking cayenne regularly on a regular basis is very useful. Have a try!
4. Herbal tea. This is actually a very easy method. Herbal teas are proven to be very effective in treating frostbite issues and chamomile tea is one of the wonderful herbal teas that can be used. Just consume a cup of tea once a day, and you will be pleased.
5. Aloe Vera. Aloe vera is very rich in vitamin E, which is considered very useful and necessary for the health of the skin. It is also very efficient for people with frostbite even in the most severe cases because it can increase the circulation of the blood in the affected body parts. To make use of this ingredient, people just need to take the fresh gel of aloe vera on the skin directly several times during the day.