Does poop cause pink eye?
Poop usually will not cause pink eye. Pink eye is a kind of inflammation or infection on the transparent membrane (conjunctiva) that covers the white part of your eyeball and lines your eyelid. Since the small blood vessels in the conjunctiva are inflamed, they’re more visible. Then your eyes appear to be pink or reddish.
Its common causes include:
- Eye inflammation
- Chemical ingredients in cosmetics
- Chemical splash in eyes
- Tear duct blocking: especially for babies
- Use contact lenses, especially extended-wear lenses
Such behaviors may also cause pink eye:
- Shaking hands with people whose hands have attached eye secretions.
- Touching the same place where people with pink eye have touched.
- Touching the eyes of the patient.
Keywords: does poop cause pink eye