Do you know the causes of gallstones?
Gallstones are some hard deposits derived from digestive fluid in your gallbladder. The size of gallstone is different. You may have only one gallstone which is as large as a golf ball. Or you may have lots of gallstones which are as small as sand. Besides, there are two types of gallstones: cholesterol gallstones and pigment gallstones, and the former is the most common type.
The possible causes of gallstones are as follows:
- Family history of having gallstones.
- Eating fewer meals per day.
- Low intake of vitamin C, calcium, and magnesium.
- High intake of carbohydrate.
- Low fluid consumption.
- Some medicines such as oral contraceptives and hormone therapy drugs.
- Liver disease.
- High-cholesterol diet.
Keywords: causes gallstones