Do you know how to treat pleurisy?
Pleurisy occurs when the tissue that covers the lungs and chest wall becomes inflamed. The treatments of pleurisy should be used according to different underlying causes:
- Antibiotics will be beneficial if pleurisy caused by bacteria.
- Antifungal drugs can make you feel better if pleurisy caused by fungus.
- You don’t need the help of drugs if pleurisy caused by virus.
- Codeine-based cough syrup can be helpful if you’re coughing.
- Paracetamol (acetaminophen) and ibuprofen may be used to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Change your lifestyle (get more rest and lie on the painful side).
If your symptoms become worse, you should talk to your doctor and get more treatment.
Keywords: do you treat pleurisy