The comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) is a frequently ordered panel of 14 tests that provides information about the current status of a person’s metabolism, including the health of the kidneys and liver, electrolyte and acid/base balance as well as levels of blood glucose and blood proteins.
You may need to fast for 10-12 hours prior to sample collection.
The CMP include:
- Total Protein
- CO2 (carbon dioxide, bicarbonate)
- BUN (blood urea nitrogen)
- ALP (alkaline phosphatase)
- ALT (alanine amino transferase)
- AST (aspartate amino transferase)