Can you tell me what is ganglioblastoma?
You may want to know glioblastoma.
Glioblastoma, also known as glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), is a kind of brain cancer and is the most common kind of malignant brain tumor among adults. Glioblastoma can develop and spread in fast pace. To cure glioblastoma is very difficult, or even impossible, but some treatments can help control its growth and relieve symptoms.
The symptoms of glioblastoma include:
- Memory loss
- Changes to personality or mood
- Localized neurological problems
The treatments for glioblastoma include:
- Surgery: It is suitable for most cases, but it will be infeasible in some high-risk areas of the brain.
- Radiation: It is used to kill leftover tumor cells, but it also has some side effects.
- Chemotherapy: It helps to relieve the symptoms but has some short-term side effects.
- Electric field therapy: It will not kill normal cells, but glioblastoma will still develop.
- Palliative care: It only suits for serious situation.
Keywords: ganglioblastoma; glioblastoma