Are You Getting Too Much Vitamin D?

Q:
Are you getting too much Vitamin D?

A:
Ingesting too much Vitamin D can trigger Vitamin D toxicity, a rare but potentially serious condition. Vitamin D toxicity can also be referred to hypervitaminosis D.

Vitamin D toxicity is usually caused by megadoses of vitamin D supplements, not by diets or sun exposure. It can lead to the buildup of calcium in the blood.

If symptoms like nausea, vomiting, weakness, and frequent urination occur, and even progress to bone pain and kidney problems over a period of time, you may be suspected of getting Vitamin D toxicity.

Keywords: vitamin d toxicity; vitamin d toxicity symptoms; vitamin toxicity

Leave a Reply