Are there any home remedies for plantar fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis occurs due to inflammation in the plantar fascia. Repetitive stretching and tearing can cause the plantar fascia to become irritated or inflamed. Here are ten home remedies for plantar fasciitis.
- Stretching Exercises: Stretch your feet and lower leg muscles daily.
- Foot Massage: Gently massage the lower part of your foot and heel with some warm olive, coconut or sesame oil.
- Cold Compress: Put a few ice cubes in a thin towel. Place it over the area of pain for a few minutes.
- Epsom Salt: Soak your foot in the water added Epsom Salt for 10 minutes every day.
- Turmeric: Take curcumin supplements, 400 to 600 milligrams 2 times a day.
- Ginger: Include ginger in your daily cooking or take a supplement.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Take some apple cider vinegar everyday or soak your foot in the water added apple cider vinegar for 10 minutes every day.
- Cayenne Pepper: Soak your foot in the water added cayenne pepper for 10 minutes every day.
- Fish Oil: Take 3 grams of fish oil (with at least 30% EPA/DHA) twice daily.
- Dietary Changes: Consume a diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods like extra-virgin olive oil, ginger, garlic, tart cherries, salmon, walnuts, almonds, berries of all types and sweet potatoes.
Please consult your doctor before starting a supplement regimen.
Keywords: home remedies plantar fasciitis; plantar fasciitis home remedies