Any other ways to cope with PTSD?
If you have been diagnosed as PTSD, the traumatic events severely affect your daily life, you can also adopt the following methods at the same time with your treatment:
- Learn about PTSD: Understand your feeling, thus developing effective coping strategies to respond to it.
- Avoid self-medicate: Don’t turn to alcohol or drugs to numb your feeling, because it may prevent the healing process.
- Stay with caring and supportive people: They can offer the needed comfort and love.
- Follow your treatment plan.
- Take care of yourself: Eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and take time to rest.
- Find a support group: Ask your mental health professional to help you find a support group.
Wish you health!
Keywords: cope ptsd; coping ptsd; deal ptsd